The advent of washing machines has made the Herculean task of washing clothes much easier. However, choosing the right washing machine for your clothes isn’t an easy job. There are primarily two types of washing machines: semi-automatic and fully automatic washing machines. The two kinds have distinct features that set them apart. Here is everything you need to know about these washers.
Semi-automatic washing machines
Semi-automatic washing machines require manual involvement to complete the cleaning process. With a semi-automatic washing machine, a person must manually transfer the clothes from the washing tub to the drying tub. On the other hand, these semi-automatic washing machines also provide an effective yet delicate wash quality to your fabrics.
Fully automatic washing machines
To avoid the manual effort that goes into handling semi-automatic washing machines, manufacturers offer fully automatic washing machines. If you are thinking about purchasing a new Fully Automatic washing machine, but do not know where to begin, here is a handy guide, packed with tips and tricks about how you can choose the ideal washing machine for your household.
With fully automatic washing machines, all you need to do is press buttons to get the job done. Since these machines are modern, they also come with advanced features that are otherwise absent in semi-automatic models.
Difference between semi-automatic and fully automatic: Which is better?
There are a number of differences between semi-automatic washing machines and fully automatic washing machines. Let us take a look at the different aspects.
- Manual effort: The most striking difference between the two is that semi-automatic washing machines need some manual effort during the wash process. First of all, you need to fill water into the drum before starting the wash cycle. Once the wash process is over, you need to manually transfer the clothes from the washing drum to the drying drum for drying them. Once the wash process is over, you will also need to drain the water from the washer by yourself. However, with fully automatic washing machines, nothing of this sort needs to be done. Fully automatic washing machines come with multiple wash programs and options that you can select from. These automatic programs will then do all the work and efficiently clean your clothes. Therefore, it is safe to say that fully automatic washing machines are more convenient, and can help you save time.
- Cleaning efficiency: Fully automatic washing machines come with a lot more wash programs that help you to treat different types of fabrics differently. Few washing machines have options like “Gentle” which are meant to treat fabrics in a delicate fashion, while other modes like “Hygienic” are specially designed to kill all microbes and allergens present in your clothes. These different options, coupled with special features like in-built heaters (which gives a hot washing cycle) can give an effective result. Semi-automatic washing machines, on the other hand, are not so advanced and therefore, cannot provide such effective results. That being said, semi-automatic washing machines are still powerful enough to remove stubborn stains from your clothes.
- Water consumption: Fully automatic washing machines require a constant supply of water to operate. This is not the case with semi-automatic washing machines which work with only one drum of water that is poured before the cycle. Thus, semi-automatic washing machines help you save water.
- Time: Fully automatic washing machines are more sophisticated, which is why they take up more time to complete a wash cycle. So, if you want a machine that washes your clothes quickly, a semi-automatic model should be your first choice.
- Types: It is important to know that all semi-automatic washing machines are top load washing machines. As for fully automatic washing machines, both top load and front load variants are available. Both top load and front load washing machines have their perks. Top loading washing machines are usually more convenient for loading as they don’t require you to bend. To load your clothes into a front load washer, you need to bend, which can cause inconvenience to elders and those suffering from backaches. In terms of the cleaning time, top-loading washing machines are usually faster because of the presence of an in-built agitator. Top load washing machines also immerse the clothes entirely in water, which in turn makes the cleaning process faster. As for front load washing machines, the process takes a bit longer but they are usually more effective in cleaning dirt and stains. So, depending on your preference and budget, you can go for a top-load semi-automatic washing machine, a top load fully automatic washing machine or a front load fully automatic washing machine.
Want to ease your workload by purchasing a new washing machine? Choose from hundreds of options available at the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store, and buy them at no-cost EMIs by using the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card. You can also avail the zero down payment facility on select models while buying your preferred model. The new washing machine will be delivered to your address within 24 hours of placing the order.