Are you looking for the Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars 2020 – Womens & Mens Mountain Bikes in 2020? Check out our best collection for best choices!
For most dedicated mountain biking enthusiasts, it is a good investment to pay a large sum of money on a high-quality bike. Fortunately, there are some great options for beginners. It seems to be a daunting mission to pick the best bike on the market. It is essential to know what to look for when searching for that perfect bike. To facilitate your search, here are some great options worth under $500.
I hope you do love our reviews for Best Mountain Bikes under 500 Dollars 2020
- Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Recoil Complete Full Suspension.
Diamondback Bicycles introduces a bike that features a durable and lightweight frame made of aluminum alloy.
It comes with a single pivot design featuring sealed cartridge bearings. Such unique designs permit smooth operation, regardless of your destinations. In order to minimize bumps further, the bike is equipped with a dual suspension system providing up to four inches of travel.
Instead of a conventional rear shock, the bike comes with a Kindshock coil to get over bumps. The mechanical disc brakes increase safety. The bike comes equipped with 27.50-inch wheels and a 18-inch frame size.
Features of Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Recoil Complete Full Suspension:
· Super strong and lightweight aluminum alloy frame.
· Optimized single pivot design with sealed cartridge bearings.
· High maneuverability
· SR Suntour XCT 100mm suspension fork and Kindshock coil rear.
· 27.50 inch wheel and 18 inch frame size
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Kindshock coil minimizes bump effect.
- Mechanical brakes permit stop at any conditions.
- Pedal lacks grip
- Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle (29-Inch).
Despite a budget price tag at under $300, the Mongoose Impasse features many improvements to enhance safety and performance.
To facilitate your control of speed on the trail, the bike comes with front and rear brakes made from a sturdy alloy which is also used to make the wheel rims. The frame itself is made of aluminum and together with the 29-inch wheels make it perfect for taller riders.
A full suspension system was designed to absorb the shocks of the trail. A suspension fork from Element can be found on at the front while a coil is at the back. A Shimano derailleur with twist shifters guarantee absolute control
Features of the Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle (29-Inch).
- Reliable aluminum mountain-style frame.
- Durable alloy brake allows easy control of speed.
- Extra-large 29 x 2. 35-inch tires enable extra grip and stability.
- 29-inch wheels fit adult riders 5’4” to 6’2”
- Highly maneuverable bike
- Sturdy frame
- Perfect size for taller riders.
- Relatively uncomfortable seat.
- Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Dual-Suspension (26-inch Wheels).
If moderate trail and downhill rides suit you, the Schwinn Protocol will please you. It comes with an aluminum frame with a comfortable dual suspension system.
The suspension guarantee that shocks from small bumps and rock are absorbed and don’t affect your shoulders or back. The bike is equipped with both a disc brake, and a pull brake.
The disc brake is found on the front wheel while the linear-pull brake is on the rear wheel. They are combined to deliver you a strong stopping power and control. Sturdy components from Shimano and Promax guarantee the bike’s reliability and efficiency.
Features of the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Dual-Suspension (26-inch wheels).
- Schwinn aluminum full suspension frame with front suspension.
- 24-speed Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters and the Shimano rear.
- Light and durable alloy rims feature knobby mountain tires for daily riding
- Schwinn alloy crank offers maximized gearing and reduce maintenance cost.
- Durable and lightweight
- Easy to assemble
- Beautiful design
- Powerful and responsive brake
- Relatively hard seat
- Lack of place for water bottle
- Finiss Merax.
The Finiss Merax whose price is under $300 is a good value option for novice cyclists. It is equipped with double-walled 26-inch wheels which are sturdier than normal wheels, albeit a little heavier. This bike features a single 19-inch frame size, which is suitable for riders at beginner level.
Although it doesn’t come at different sizes, the bike offers three different color schemes. The 33 pounds of this bike is also good for its price range. Merax mostly uses Shimano components in its models, which outperform a lot of lower-level third-party components.
The Finiss Merax features an 80 mm front shock. This provides riders with absolute control during long cross country rides. The front shock suits best for riders under 200 pounds, but the front shock could be easily upgraded if you find it necessary.
You need to do some simple assembly before you can ride this bike on the road. Although the manual guidebook is clear and simple to follow, the assembly process can be tricky if you don’t have relevant experience. You can get help from a local bike shop at a fair price if you are not confident.
Features of the Miniss Merax
- Weight capacity of up to 330 pounds
- 26-inch wheels and 24 gear shifts.
- Dual disc brake that is responsive.
- Not heavy.
- Durable double-walled wheels.
- Not expensive.
- It comes at only one frame size.
- Mongoose Men’s Malus – Fat Tire Mountain Bike.
Mongoose, whose products have always been famous for pushing their riders’ limits, has always been a desirable product for riders. It is their quality bikes that enable the brand to keep their reputation up for almost half a century.
The Malus Fat Tire Bicycle is the latest product from Mongoose’s mountain bike category. It offers some of the best features and benefits that usually expect in bikes that have a higher price tag that its $500.
This fat tire bike is made using a simple concept with most of the body components are made from aluminum which guarantees its strength and durability.
Features of the Mongoose Men’s Malus – Fat Ture Mountain Bike.
- Steel Cruiser frames that are suitable for heavy duties.
- The Supersized 26’’ x 4” knobby tires with drilled alloy rims which are ideal for even the toughest terrains.
- Classy 4 inch wide tires absorbing most bumps, allow riders to enjoy smooth rides.
- Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur enables smooth gearing.
- 5’’ low-rise handlebars with 7-speed twist shifters.
- Three-piece cranks, supporting the tires when riding in rough terrains.
- Comfortable Mountain-style saddle.
- Quality beach cruiser pedals.
- Stylish design.
- Simple to assembly.
- Sturdy and enduring.
- Adjustable Seat post.
- Limited 1-year warranty.
- Suitable only to adult men.
- Lack of color options
- Inadequate levels of speed.
It is not necessary to spend a fortune in order to experience the excitement of mountain biking. The best mountain bike under $500 allows you to kick start the sport. Although they don’t possess state-of-the-art features that more expensive counterparts have, these bikes can accompany you well as you gain more experience.